Compact Flash Cards or CF cards are portable storage devices for storing information on your cameras, music players, video recorders and much more. They were first introduced in 1994, but there hasn’t been a decline in their popularity because of their high efficiency and simplicity that they provide. Though, the drawback that they have is that you can lose your data.
This article will guide you on making CF card data recovery and choosing the most appropriate software for this issue. Let’s dive into it.
Reasons which can lead to CF card corruption and data loss
There are various reasons you can corrupt your CF card, and your data can be lost. The first and foremost is physical damage. In case there is damaged, then the only way possible to recover the data is through a lab or data recovery company. But if there is no physical damage, then there is a high probability that there is a logical error, which you can mostly fix yourself.
Reasons for basic logical errors are:
- Virus or worm damage.
- CF cards were used on various devices and operating systems and weren’t ejected carefully.
- File system corruption.
- Was removed during a transfer process.
Software for CF card data recovery
When you search about this on the internet, you will find several CF card recovery software tools are available. An average user will indeed get perplexed seeing several software and aggressive advertisements for the same. So it would get a bit difficult to choose among so many options. Among the various options present on the internet, we have software – Uneraser.
DiskInternals Uneraser CF card recovery software tool supports all types of card formats: NTFS, NTFS 4, NTFS 5, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, etc. In case you don’t want to spend money right now to recover, you can use their trial version to make sure the software works correctly. It helps you recover all your essential documents, photos, videos, music, etc., from CF cards.
It is regarded as one of the best CF card recovery software as it has a built-in wizard, so even if you are not that much into technology, it would still be easy for you to figure things out. But just in case you want to try things out, you can skip the wizard and complete the whole process in manual mode. The recovery using this software isn’t much time consuming while also recovering the data sitting at your home.
How to use CF Card Recovery Software
Here we will guide you on how to use the software for the recovery of your CF card.
- Insert your damaged CF card using a card reader into the USB slot.
- Download and install DiskInternals Uneraser CF card recovery software.
- The wizard will automatically start to install the software, and then it will prompt you to select the type of files you would want to restore.
- Scan the damaged CF card and wait as the scan would take some time to complete.
- Preview the files you want to recover. You can view a specific folder’s files by clicking on the file and clicking on “View in a new window.”
- Next step, click on the file that you need to restore and click on the recovery button.
- Saving data. For this action, you need to purchase a license and a license key for DiskInternals Uneraser. Save recovered photos, videos, and other documents in a safe place other than the original.
Voila! Now you have the data restored, now you have fully restored the data in your CF card.