To maintain a proper health, routine check-ups are very important. It has been observed that people with health insurance are more likely to get into a routine check-up and extensive care. Health insurance covers your medical bills and supports financially at the times of emergency. To get the best of the services at the time of need, it is highly recommended to choose an insurance company which fulfills the promises it makes.
The top 15 healthcare insurance companies in the U.S. are listed as below based on their shares in the market and the quality of services provided:
1. Unitedhealth Group – Based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, Unitedhealth Group is an American for-profit managed health care company which has been rendering its services for the past three decades. It serves the market for health benefits and other services worldwide. It has a huge team of capable employees who cover the insurance plans in majority countries of the world.
2. Wellpoint Inc. Group – Wellpoint Inc. Group is a merger between WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem, Inc. which came into being in 2004. With an association with Blue Cross of Northern California, it is working to transform healthcare with trusted solutions. It provides health insurance at convincing rates which prove helpful to all the sections of the society.
3. Kaiser Foundation Group – Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc., an entity of Kaiser Permanente, is a nonprofit public-benefit corporation that contracts with individuals and groups to arrange comprehensive medical and hospital services. The company contracts with Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and medical groups to provide these services. It serves members in California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Ohio, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, and District of Columbia. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc. was founded in 1945 and is headquartered in Oakland, California.
4. Humana Group – The Humana Foundation promotes healthy lives and communities by supporting organizations that meet the funding priorities. The Foundation puts focus primarily on health, but also support selected projects promoting civic and culture and education improvement. They have a predefined set of income groups categorized for the set of benefits they can enjoy.
5. Aetna Group – The insurance service provided by the Aetna Group is called Group Term Insurance or Group Coverage. These plans include couples and their independent children. They are available at 1-800-523-5065, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. They usually pay life claims within 10 to 15 business days. If the claim is related to an accident, it may take longer.
6. HCSC Group – Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company (HCSC), offers a wide variety of health and life insurance products and related services, through its operating divisions and subsidiaries. They offer group life, disability and dental solutions as well as a variety of other individual solutions.
7. Cigna Health Group – Cigna TTK is one of the leading health Insurance company which provides best health insurance policy across the insurance companies. Cigna Global Medical Health benefits cover medical, inpatient, daypatient, and hospitalization, dental and vision. It also covers cancer and maternity insurance.
8. Highmark Group – Highmark is a non-profit healthcare company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It is a large individual not-for-profit health insurer in the United States, which operates for providing better healthcare services to the masses.
9. Coventry Corp. Group – Coventry Corp. Group provides a wide range of care services and products to a broad section of people, organization and groups. Coventry is a for-profit service provider which looks for the health benefits of its investors by taking a minimal fee.
10. HIP Insurance Group – The Healthy Indiana Plan is a health-insurance program for qualified adults. The plan is offered by the State of Indiana. It pays for medical costs for members and could even provide vision and dental coverage. It also rewards members for taking better care of their health. The plan covers people aged 19 to 64 who meet specific income levels.
11. Independence Blue Cross Group – Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States, IBC is the largest health insurer in the Philadelphia area. Independence Blue Cross offers a variety of individual health plans to meet your needs. They are available at: 1-888-475-6206.
12. Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Group – Horizon BCBSNJ offers affordable New Jersey healthcare and health insurance for individuals, families and employers. It can be contacted on 1-800-637-2997.
13. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Group – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Group offers a wide range of affordable health insurance choices to Michigan individuals and groups. It can be reached at the following address: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – 600 E Lafayette Blvd, Detroit, Michigan 48226.
14. California Physicians’ Service – California Physicians’ Service, which operates as Blue Shield of California, is one of the four largest insurers in the state and provides health insurance products and services to some 3.4 million members. The not-for-profit mutual organization’s health plans include HMO, PPO, dental, and Medicaid or Medicare supplemental plans for individuals, families, and employer groups.
15. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Group – Florida’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan, provides innovative health solutions and insurance plans to the people of Florida. Florida Blue has served Floridians since 1944. An independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, it aims at serving the people of Florida with the best possible monetary grants.
All the above-mentioned groups are either specifically health insurance oriented companies or are full-fledged organizations working for providing better health services and other facilities to their investors. It is definitely suggested to everyone to have their health insurance done as it releases the financial pressure at times of emergency by using your monthly or annual payment to the company and if need be, providing you with further assistance.
You can also claim your whole money back in case of sudden death of the person who has the health insurance. These helpful services are being rendered in the health sector to create a country that is free of vices and illnesses.
Other Related Posts
- Top 10 Essential Health Gadgets to ensure a Fit Lifestyle
- 10 Best Fitness Tracking Apps for iPhone
- Best Apps To Help You Sleep Better