Apple cider vinegar is very popular in the natural health community. It is an apple juice that has been converted into alcohol by adding yeast through the process of fermentation. After that, the bacteria added in it converts alcohol into acetic acid which gives a strong smell with a sour taste. It has been used in cooking due to its unique flavor and due to amazing health benefits, especially in weight loss,
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar is very helpful for both health and home remedies. There are amazing benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, read them below and I am sure you’ll buy it from the supermarket today if you haven’t brought it yet –
- Apple Cider vinegar is used in evenly cooking & baking.
- It is used in salad dressing.
- Using Apple Cider Vinegar as a preservative is a very common practice.
- Adding 1 to 2 spoons of Apple cider vinegar to water or tea helps in the reduction of weight. Drinking 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each day for several months may increase weight loss in people who are overweight. By taking apple cider vinegar the calorie intake will reduce and as a result, you will lose your already present fat. As the stored calories burn your belly fat will reduce surprisingly. You feel full all day.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in treating PCOD which is Polycystic ovarian syndrome. This problem is associated with an abnormal menstrual cycle. The women who drank one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water immediately after dinner had improved hormone levels and less PCOD problems.
- It has been used as a remedy to treat wounds since ancient times.
- Heart diseases are one of the basic causes of premature death nowadays. There are many factors associated with the increased or decreased risk of heart diseases. Studied done on animals by giving apple cider vinegar to them, shows that apple cider vinegar reduces cholesterol and triglyceride level which reduce heart attack risk factor. It is also good for heart health.
- People use apple cider vinegar to treat dandruff.
- It has been found that adding apple cider vinegar in the diet also fight obesity and type 2 diabetes by maintaining blood sugar level. It is a natural way to control blood sugar levels, especially for people with insulin resistance.
- Apple cider vinegar contains polyphenols that stop cell damage and lowers the chances of having cancer.
- Apple cider vinegar works better than medicines at some places in the case of diuretics and laxatives.
- It is calorie-free, adds flavor.
- It also relief from indigestion.
- It also improves insulin sensitivity, it moves more glucose out of the bloodstream.
- Having four teaspoons of apple cider vinegar by diluting in water immediately before a high carb meal can reduce blood sugar spikes.
- There are some people who take apple side vinegar before protein-heavy meals to improve digestion. It has been claimed by some people that one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before meals helps digestion. But there is currently no research to claim this practice.
- Apple cider vinegar also reduces blood pressure which is good for the health of our kidneys and a number of problems of kidney, heart and overall body get treated.
- Cancer is a terrible disease characterized by the uncontrollable growth of cells. Many studies have shown that apple cider vinegar kills cancer cells and shrinks tumors.
- The apple cider vinegar increases the energy levels and so, you’ll feel active to do any task throughout the day.
- Apple cider vinegar treats bacterial infection.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Here, we will discuss the possible adverse effects of using apple cider vinegar:-
- As apple cider vinegar is very sour and has lots of acids, it is always recommended to take it with the water to prevent the eroding of the enamel of your teeth, hurt your throat, and upset your stomach.
- It will reduce or worsen the potassium level to very low. It is important to consume it at a moderate level as excessive use can cause muscles and nerve pain in the body. The low potassium level causes the disease called hypoglycemia. It is a disease that weakens the muscles and may cause paralysis in any part of the body.
- Some persons feel difficulty in heart or breathing, they should be brought to the doctor immediately for some medical treatment.
- It slows out the rate at which food and liquids move out of your stomach to your intestines. The less clearing of the gut will create little problem sometimes.
- Everyone might not like the strong taste.
- Like all vinegar, apple cider vinegar is also acidic in nature. Consuming too much acidic vinegar may weaken tooth enamel over time, potentially leading to tooth decay. Sometimes the teeth may develop cavities that require filings.
- It is good to start with small doses and avoid taking large amounts. Consuming too much apple cider vinegar can cause potential drug interactions. A common dosage for apple cider vinegar ranges from 1 to 2 teaspoons per day either used in cooking or mixed in a glass of water is recommendable.
- Some doctors find out that a person who takes apple cider vinegar and diabetes faces some problems. So, it is advisable that such patients should consult a doctor or professional before trying a high vinegar diet.
- The apple cider vinegar is recommended for weight loss as it slows the rate at which food leaves in the stomach. But keeping food in the stomach for long is may cause unwanted side effects. It may cause a feeling of nausea and indigestion after drinking vinegar with breakfast.
- The acidity of vinegar means that applying it directly to the skin may cause skin burns and irritation if the apple cider vinegar is undiluted.
Apple cider vinegar comes from apples that have been crushed, distilled, and then fermented. Research proves that apple cider vinegar has many health benefits but consuming it too much may cause unwanted effects on our health. So, implement the use of Apple cider vinegar by following the best practices provided above.