The metaverse is an online, three-dimensional universe that combines multiple virtual spaces. It can be compared to a future version of the internet. With metaverse, users will be able to collaborate, meet, play games, and socialize in these 3D spaces. The metaverse is a concept of a persistent, online, 3D universe that combines multiple different virtual spaces. You can think of it as a future iteration of the internet. The metaverse will allow users to work, meet, game, and socialize together in these 3D spaces.
A Metaverse is a virtual representation of reality. Users can use a virtual self – a custom-made avatar that can look any way they want – to attend concerts, visit art galleries, or visit foreign places in these virtual worlds.
How to Invest in Metaverse
There are three ways in which you can directly invest in the metaverse:
- Purchase metaverse tokens
- Buy in-game non-fungible tokens
- Purchase virtual land in the metaverse
You can also just invest in metaverse stocks to support metaverse indirectly and make profit as the trend & popularity of metaverse continue to increase.
Steps to invest in the Metaverse
Step 1: Create a crypto wallet
Every purchase, just like physical commodities, requires a wallet full of money. You need to create a crypto wallet and load it with currency for investments in the metaverse. Verify your identity to validate your wallet by completing your customer formalities.
Step 2: Open an account on the platform of your choice
Purchase metaverse tokens: The easiest way to procure these tokens is to head to crypto exchanges and use your currency-loaded wallet to purchase the tokens directly.
Among the most sought-after metaverse tokens are the MANA, the native currency of the Decentral and metaverse; SAND the currency of Sandbox metaverse, and the AXS, the native currency of the Axe Infinity metaverse. Create an account with the game you wish to make purchases in and connect your crypto wallet with their account.
Important Things to know before investing in Metaverse
- For many individual investors, there is a good chance you already have some exposure to the metaverse, as many large U.S. public companies are either already participating or are actively looking to invest in the technology. Microsoft (MSFT) recently announced its plan to acquire Activision Blizzard for 68.7 dollars billion in what’s expected to be the biggest gaming deal in history and a big bet on the expansion of the metaverse. Autodesk and Unity Software, software makers that allow architects and designers to create 3D models, and cloud-technology provider Fastly are also top names in the space. For those looking for broader exposure, the Round hill Ball Metaverse ETF offers an efficient and easy way to invest in metaverse-specific stocks.
- By now, even the most casual investor has become aware of the newest hot investing niche: The metaverse. It has long been speculated that metaverse growth will prompt early, speculative capital to flood into the sector. The general notion was that it was more a question of when, not if, metaverse stocks would catch on. It was an Oct. 28 announcement that galvanized that momentum to new heights. And now here we are, in late January talking about metaverse stocks that forward-thinking investors need to know about. Investors want to know more about companies with an early edge in the sector.
- The explicit purpose was to bring the metaverse to life. That prompted questions about what the metaverse is. There’s a lot one could say about that previous snippet. Reactions run the gamut. Taking the moderate view, one thing becomes very clear: Meta Platforms will play a large role in the metaverse if it has its way. The pivot is a clear sign it remains a central figure to watch.
- The metaverse will incorporate many facets of the real world. And there are multiple ways to approach any potential investment in the metaverse. Hardware, software, and development of metaverse spaces to name a few. Investors cannot buy physical homes or offices in a digital world per se. But Matterport offers a service that touches on the intersection of real estate and the metaverse. The company is focused on creating digital copies of real-world places and objects, which it calls digital twins. So, if you desire to walk around a dimensionally accurate digital New York City you will be able to. Matterport isn’t experiencing a strong period currently, however.
- Unity Software might not be a household name like some of the other stocks on this list. But if you or someone you know is a gamer, Unity Software has likely touched your life. Autodesk stock is one with strong potential based on its average target price. A contrarian move would be to simply ignore the bearish take, and consider ADSK stock in light of metaverse considerations. The most important metaverse news for Microsoft is its 75-dollar billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard. The executives from both companies were explicitly implying that is the case. They mentioned metaverse multiple times while announcing the acquisition. No one knows much about what the acquisition means for the metaverse in the longer term, but that is not the point.
Top Metaverse Stocks to Pick
The least volatile option for retail investors seeking to buy into the metaverse is to invest in publicly traded companies whose business models or profitability are tied to the metaverse. The list includes:
Meta Platforms Inc
In October, Mark Zuckerberg announced the company formerly known as Facebook Inc. would undergo a major rebranding and become Meta Platforms Inc. Since the announcement, Meta has released a virtual reality metaverse platform, Horizon Worlds. Meta’s Oculus Quest 2 VR headset was also one of the hottest gifts over the holidays. It remains to be seen, however, if increased headset sales will result in more Horizon Worlds users.
Roblox is an online metaverse platform that allows gamers to create and share virtual worlds with other Roblox users.
Boeing is using the metaverse to expand and improve production capabilities. In an interview with Reuters, Greg Heslop, Boeing’s chief engineer, said that the plane maker is planning to create a proprietary digital environment where it’s human, computer and robot employees can communicate and collaborate seamlessly across the world.
Microsoft is looking to find its metaverse niche in the professional world. The company plans to release Mesh for Microsoft Teams in 2022. The add-on to the popular video conferencing platform will allow individuals to generate personalized avatars and collaborate in a holographic 3D environment that transcends geographic boundaries.