Open Office is perhaps the only free alternative that can stand in competition with Microsoft Office. It’s been almost 10 years that Open Office is giving a good competition to the well-known Microsoft Office. Open Office is like the mirror image of Microsoft Office. The only major difference is that Open Office is free software whereas Microsoft Office is not. This is the main reason that many users have shifted to using Open Office. After all, who doesn’t like free service when it is actually good?
Your Microsoft Office has reached its expiration date? Microsoft Office product key not working? Well, there is nothing to worry about because you have Open Office. It is not only a great alternative but it is equally as good as Microsoft Office. If it’s hard for you to believe it then you should actually try it out once and you will know it for yourself. If you are still not sure about Open Office then this review on Open Office can help you change your perception.
About Open Office
Open Office is a legitimate free contender of Microsoft Office which includes Word Processing, Presentation, and Spreadsheets along with Database management programs. Other than that it also includes drawing and math applications.
Open Office is known to work with almost all Microsoft formats which include XLS, PPT, DOCX, XML. The software is available for free and can be used in all of the major platforms such as Windows, Linux, and Mac. If you want to work with just Microsoft Office format and ready to switch to from Microsoft Office then Open Office is the ideal option for you. It is has everything that you need. It is a pretty good functionality that you may be looking for.
It is true that Open Office is open source software but it can provide you with an excellent performance. Just because it has the tag of open source doesn’t mean that you will start judging it without even using it once. With the help of Open Office, you can create impressive materials.
An Overview of Features Of Open Office
Open Office is known to be packed with features and all of them are useful. It has all the features that you may need and therefore, it doesn’t give you the chance to complain. With all its features it matches up to Microsoft Office. Here are the main features of Open Office that you should know about:
- The suite is equipped with a modern word processor.
- It has a collection of various features which includes the following:
- Formatting and styles
- Autocorrect dictionary
- Text frames and linking
- Table of contents and references
- Open Office supports all Microsoft formats including HTML< PDF and MediaWiki formats.
- The spreadsheet application is easy to learn and is also intuitive.
- The suite comes packed with natural learning formulas, intelligent sum button, scenario manager and multiple-users support.
- You can also impress your audience with your presentations.
- It has multiple-monitor support as well.
- The tools meant for drawing and diagramming are easy to use.
- It has slideshows, effects, and
- You can also manipulate and arrange objects.
- The suite also comes with the fully featured desktop database management system.
- You can also create and edit mathematical equations with the help of the suite.
- It also has a familiar Microsoft like user-interface.
- Also, it is very much compatible with Microsoft Office.
The only two things that Open Office lacks is the availability of mobile applications and native cloud storage and email support. Other than that it has all the features that you will find in Microsoft Office. So you can any day from Microsoft Office to Open Office without an issue. After all, you are guaranteed to get the same experience as Microsoft Office.
Benefits of Using Open Office
Using Open Office has its very advantages as well and they are listed below:
- It’s Free: One of the main and the biggest advantages of using Open Office is that it is available for free. Yes, you can use this amazing productivity suit completely free of cost. All you have to do is download it and get started with your work. Also, it promises to provide you with the exact same features as that of Microsoft Office and that too for free. Now, what can be better than this?
- Cross-Platform Support: Another great advantage of using Open Office is that it is compatible with all the major platforms which include Windows, Linux, and This means that no matter what platform you are using you will still be able to use Open Office without any problem. To put it in other words, everyone can enjoy the service of Open Office.
- User-Friendly Interface: Open Office has a similar user interface to that of Microsoft Office. Therefore, it is pretty much easy to use and you won’t even face any issue while using it.
- File Compatibility: Open Office is known to support all types of file formats. Starting from PDF to XML it can support everything. Therefore, there is no reason for you to worry. You can work with any format you want and Open Office will still be able to support it.
- Open Source: The fact that Open Office is an open source application you are free to modify it as much as you want. However, the modification needs to be in accordance with the Open Office licenses.
Thus, you can see the number of benefits that you can avail by using the Open Office software.
So, it can be concluded that Open Office is equally good as Microsoft Office. The only difference between the two applications is that Open Office is free and Microsoft is not. If you are using Open Office then you can be assured of the fact that you will never miss Microsoft Office again or even get disappointed in any way.