In the United States, Post Secondary Education means the study that comes after High School i.e secondary education. The term Post Secondary education is a synonym with Higher education that is used interchangeably. It includes non-degree certificate programs, local community institutions, community colleges, bachelor degrees, college degrees, a career training that you get after your secondary school.
The time duration varies from two to four years, but there are many different choices one can make when deciding which Post Secondary education is best for them. There are many public and also private universities, which offer many different programs at the undergraduate level and graduate level and beyond.
Importance of Post Secondary Education
According to uneven rates of participation in higher education across different segments of US society should be a matter of urgent concern not only to the individuals directly affected but to public policymakers at federal, state, and local levels. They need to aware the young population about following importances of higher education in their lives:-
- In today’s world of competition, Post Secondary Education matters a lot to both Americans and other nations or we can say to the world as a whole. Various Labor experts and famous economists declared that if you want a job in the 21st century you need specialized knowledge and the skills, and no doubt that you acquire them in Post Secondary Education.
- To earn more and more than others to be employed, individuals need to have higher education.
- Students have to attend institutions of higher education to obtain a wide range of personal, financial, and other lifelong benefits. Post Secondary Education will derive a multitude of direct and indirect benefits.
- Post Secondary Education is not just about your economy and job, it also matters if we talk about building a good lifestyle, personal growth, citizenship, commitment to social justice. It is also realized that to build and maintain an even middle-class lifestyle you need to have some sort of college-level credentials.
- Post Secondary Education plays a vital role in personal development and career development.
- It brings a great sense of accomplishment. This sense of accomplishment comes from going above and beyond instill you with great confidence that helps you to pursue whatever you desire in life.
- The financial return associated with additional years of schooling beyond high school and the gaps in earnings by education level has increased over time.
Glaring benefits of Post Secondary Education
Higher education serves many purposes, only some of them are emphasized in our society. As society does not acknowledge pursuing Post Secondary Education much, many young people miss out on many of the potential benefits that this higher education provides.
Check out these below-mentioned benefits, you will agree that Post Secondary Education is about the opportunity for financial and further personal development as well.
- Broader Practical Benefits:-Post Secondary Education significantly contributes to almost all areas. Statistics show that the persons who have Post Secondary Education have a happy long healthy life and engaged more in social work like volunteering for the community, political interest, impersonal trust, and voting. It means attending Post-Secondary Education has many personal and social benefits also.
- Career Preparation:- It is the most acknowledged reason for people who seek higher education. Post Secondary Education leads to better career prospects. According to a study individuals with Post Secondary Education get better job prospects. 88 % Post Secondary Education achieved individuals are working on full-time employment.
- Opening the door to success:-Post Secondary Education is also associated with greater stability of the job you get.
- Disciplined life:-It develops a great sense of discipline in the life of individuals pursuing Post Secondary Education. The individual becomes more responsible than ever before. The individual in Post Secondary Education take more initiatives in new works, they are good at managing their time.
- Post Secondary Education broadens our horizons when we work on what we have learned in the classroom.
- In Post Secondary Education, the individual learns time management, interpersonal skills and critical thinking along with the subject.
- Personal development:- Post Secondary Education improves reading, writing, the habit of working with others and continuous learning. Higher education programs improve the advanced speaking skills of the individual as they have to give presentations during the course, they meet different types of people in different areas during their course.
- Post Secondary Education allows meeting a wide variety of persons which builds a network of friends and contacts.
- One of the most tactile benefits of higher education is the ability to increase earning potential. It offers greater earning potential. It has been observed that persons having higher education will grow the earning higher in the course of their lifetime.
- It is not a matter of surprise that in higher education people realize their passion. find that they have skills they do not know that they had as they exposed to new ideas and new things. They excel in their skills in higher education.
- It is not a matter of surprise that getting Post Secondary Education will develop the ability to have greater savings and assets.
- The higher-earning they get after Post Secondary Education is beneficial in the retirement also. As they have higher income during retirement, so they are less dependent on Old Age Security benefits.
” An investment in education pays the best” – Benjamin Franklin
It is to be accepted that after Post Secondary Education a clear pattern emerges for life. Post Secondary Education is a golden ticket to a better life that should be taken by each individual at the perfect age. It is something young people are looking for the most not just because it’s an accomplishment but also because of the freedom, it brings in life. They are more secure in terms of finance, employment, after retirement, contribute to their society and live a satisfactory life.
Above everything, we can say that along with the Post Secondary Education comes a pursuing passion that is good for our hearts and soul as well as fulfilling our practical life.