Facebook and Instagram are among the most popular social media platform used by million users across the globe. Although Facebook made a huge spend amounting to $1 Billion to buy Instagram, it has kept Instagram as a separate entity and did not integrate it with the parent app. Little did anyone know, at that point of time, that this minuscule photo-sharing app will one day give a stiff competition to Facebook. That day has arrived and with the passage of time Instagram followers have grown massively and are chosen to a better option for marketing your business than Facebook.
And, if you have also felt the hype, it’s smartest for you to start promoting your brand quickly on Instagram and increase the followers count there. However, if you are totally clueless about how to get followers fast, you can consider using Instagram bot to reach a reputed number quickly.
But what made Instagram a preferred platform among the business community and why did it surpass Facebook? While analyzing the progress of these two very popular social media platforms, we came across some interesting facts that contributed to the growth of Instagram, Current statistics show that Instagram is all geared up to beat Facebook and grab the no 1 spot and become a preferred platform for your business. Our findings led us to these intriguing facts:
- Usage: As per the recent researches are done by some of the market research companies, Facebook lost as many as 2.8 million users in the year 2017. This was the first time in the history of social media, did such a significant loss of users happen and as per the researchers, the situation is not going to improve anytime soon. Instagram, on the other hand, saw a rapid increase in active monthly users, which grew from 600 million in December 2016 to 800 million in September 2017. Experts predict that by 2020 Instagram will take-over Facebook in user statistics. This fact makes business owners turn to Instagram for marketing their business.
- Mobile friendliness: With the advent of large-screen smartphones, iPads, and Tablets mobile friendliness has become a deciding factor to determine the success of a social media network, Instagram offers a better experience to the users and is perhaps one of the major reasons why it has surpassed Facebook in user statistics. Businesses have also started to react more and more to this evolving platform and there are so many brands who are posting some cool pictures of their products on Instagram. This feature makes Instagram a clear winner and can be considered a better platform than Facebook.
- Over 33.33% of Instagram users have used the app to purchase a product online: If you are running a business, at the end of the day, sales are what you and all business owners like you might be striving for. When it comes to the benefits of Instagram, sales is the sum and substance and Instagram offers ample scope to increase your sales. Since over 30% of Instagram users have used Instagram to purchase a product online, making space for the remaining 70% to more likely do so, businesses are considering these statistics to choose Instagram over Facebook. Now if we consider the statistics, there are above 800 million monthly active users on Instagram so if around 33.33% of them are buying products online it means that at least 266,666,667 Instagram users have used Instagram to purchase a product online. This manifests the sheer volume of potential customers that might be waiting to interact with your brand also. Point to be noted here is that these are not just mere followers; instead, these people have a history of buying on the Instagram platform. This fact can exhibit why Instagram is better than Facebook for your business purposes.
- Instagram’s Ad platform offers the most advanced social media targeting options: Instagram offers its users the most advanced social media advertising platforms. You can advertise people by age, interests, behavior, location and can hone your specific targets within the users who buy actively using Instagram. Along with the cold targeting options, Instagram also provides its users extensive retargeting features like Facebook, Instagram has rapidly evolved this retargeting capability and you can now create custom retargeting audiences based around Instagram post engagement, customer email list, Instagram video views and more.
- Sales leads can be tracked easily through Instagram ads: One of the major benefits of using Instagram is that you can track your campaigns, just like Facebook. This means that you can easily check everything from link clicks to leads to conversions and also see the returns on Investment by checking the cost per result on any campaign. In addition to this, you can get a clear picture of who visited your ads and where they came from including their gender, age, region, etc. Tracking metrics is one of the most important features provided by Instagram which helps you to clearly see which ad and ad set is bringing the most revenue and you can see this with Instagram ads.
- Instagram’s user base allows its users to reach out to the unreached customer base: If you consider the fact that there are 500 million Instagram users who are active on the platform at least once a day and 1/3 of the total users (800 million) are actively purchasing specifically via Instagram ads and profiles then it will give you a more clear picture why Instagram is better than Facebook when it comes to promoting your business on social media.
- Instagram provides a better platform to strengthen your relationship with your potential customers: Another benefit from Instagram is that being an organic platform Instagram allows more engagements on your posts without having you to pay for it. Brand and post engagements on Instagrams are 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest. This kind of engagement rates means that your growing follower base can interact with your post more and more for free.
If we take into consideration the above-mentioned points it will give you a clear idea why Instagram has become such an effective platform for your business. This makes it very crucial to maintain a massive following on Instagram. Having a huge following on Instagram has quite a number of social and financial benefits.
- You can make a lot of money: You can make a good amount of money using your Instagram account from advertisements. The moment advertisers see that you have humongous followers and a majority of these followers suit the demographics they are searching for then it is most likely that might contact you to advertise products for them, this can open the doors for earning a good amount of money as most advertisers pay the Instagrammers to advertise their products.
- Your business could ultimately gain more clients: Having a massive following will eventually make you and your business popular. People visiting your Instagram profile will come with an assumption that whatever product or service you offer is already popular due to the presence of so many followers. This will provoke them to try the services or products that you are selling.
- You can gain more followers: Having a huge Instagram following implies that you will be able to attract more users to your profile who might want to follow you as well. People will want to follow you out of curiosity which can increase your reach which is important for your business.
Benefits of having massive Instagram following are quite clear and everyone would like to grab these goodies.
Since its inception, Instagram has rapidly evolved to become a major player in the social media domain. While building your Instagram can take a lot of effort and hard work, the benefits of Instagram are worth the effort in the end.