Himachal Pradesh is known for its tranquil landscape, adventure sports. and picturesque beauty. Himachal is also known as “the Land of Snow.” which is located in the Western Himalayas. The state is known to have several hill stations which are perfect destinations to find a break from the sweltering summer heat.
Mentioned below are some of the popular places to visit in Himachal Pradesh:
One of the most well-known hill stations of Northern India, Shimla is known for the right blend of Indian magnificence with British style. It has a stunning landscape and soothing climate throughout the year. The best time to visit this place is May-July to beat the heat and November-January for snowfall.
This is the ideal escape from the chaos of the city and is one of the most tranquil places to visit in Himachal in June. Located on the outer edge of Haryana and Punjab, it is well linked by roadways. When here, do not forget to visit the Anglican Church, which was built during the British era.
Searching for a place to rejoice and have unlimited fun, then Malana is the ideal place to visit in the state. The best time to visit this place in August. Located close to the Kullu Valley, this place offers splendid views of the Chandrakhani and Deo Tiba crests. This is one of the best places to visit with friends, family, kids and elders. It is also one of the most popular places among honeymooners.
Also known as the mini Switzerland of India, this is an ideal place to de-stress while enjoying a tranquil and serene environment. This place is ideal for honeymooners where couples can enjoy their life far from the hustle-bustle of the city, relax and experience the beauty of nature. Several plush hotels and resorts are located in and around this place to accommodate tourists.
Referred to as the little Israel of the country in Himachal Pradesh, located in the Parvati Valley, this is another gorgeous hill station known as Kasol. It is just on the way to the sacred town of Manikaran. It takes just 3 hours from Kullu to reach Kasol.
Situated in the Chamba district, this stunning valley is one of the ideal places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. It is certainly a great place to unwind and relax in a stunning and relaxing environment. Dharamshala is the nearest airport from Khajjiar.
Thus, there are many places to explore in Himachal Pradesh.
Whether you are traveling with family, friends, or alone, mentioned below are the travel tips that you can refer to when visiting Himachal Pradesh as this can make your journey safe and smooth along the way. Ensure you keep in mind all these things to carry while traveling to any hill station in Himachal.
- In order to enjoy a trouble-free tour plan, the trip verification coupon is a necessity for all explorers. It is required for check-in at the hotels and the driver and cab details. Ensure to carry a comprehensive itinerary as it has proven to be one of the best journey tips for Himachal Pradesh. It is the main vital element of the travel plan to this place. The trip will begin according to the itinerary offered. Make sure that you read the price comprised section cautiously. Anything not mentioned in the itinerary is regarded as excluded.
- Pack your clothing based on the location and the month of travel. Full sleeve sweatshirts to t-shirts for summers should be carried and weighty woolen clothing for winters is suggested. This is an important point to keep into consideration when planning for a vacation in Himachal Pradesh.
- Prior to booking a hotel, ensure that you check the hotel ratings and amenities. If you may require add-ons like extra beds, heater, room refreshments, blankets, and more, ask your travel agent to customize your package prior to making the payments. In case, you are traveling with elderly or children, ask your agent to book a hotel closer to the lower altitudes.
- Identity proofs issued by the government should be shown at the resort or hotel before check-in. Jot down the number of proofs you are carrying and always carry them with yourself while traveling.
- Avoid eating anything from the not so well-known small restaurants and roadside vendors. For drinking purposes, stick to bottled water. Cut fruits and water served in open may not be pure or clean and may result in stomach problems. Take proper medication along with Band-Aids, sanitizer, thermometers, mosquito repellent etc. In order to avoid nausea/ vomiting do not over-eat while traveling to a higher altitude.
- While on adventure trips, take a look at the location you are visiting and keep rubber-soled shoes, heavy woolen clothing, torch, gloves, stick, dry food items, water, toilet paper, some instrument to lit fire, etc. As water might ice up in high altitude areas, the thermos is suggested.
- Although most of the places in Himachal Pradesh are well furnished with modern day amenities such as an ATM, there are still a few remote places that do not have one. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you carry enough cash with you or exchange your currency beforehand at a bank or an authorized foreign exchange outlet prior to you drive to the remote area.
These are some of the tips that you must refer to when it comes to visiting Himachal Pradesh.
Also, make sure that all the itineraries mentioned above are listed in your travel plan; if not, then you should get in touch with your tour planner. These days a number of travel and tour companies are there which can help you to book Himachal Tour Packages; however, make sure that the company you choose is reliable and trustworthy as this will help you to enjoy the trip to the fullest and return with good memories which you will cherish forever.