Those who face the task to deal with writing a text, particularly with regard to academic writing, know how many stages it should pass through before its publications or presentation. One of such stages is proofreading, which isn’t less important than writing itself.
The word ‘proofread’ consists of two separate words – ‘proof’ and ‘read’. Consulting the Webster dictionary, you find the words’ definition to grasp the idea of this important process. The word ‘proof’ means something that establishes validity and the verb ‘read’ means to take in the sense of letters especially by sight or touch.
So, let’s focus on 5 effective proofreading techniques how to touch a text to provide its validity like all qualified proofreaders do in the top custom writing company – at OnlineCollegeEssay.com.
What Does a Proofreader Do with College Papers for Sale?
If you intend to buy college papers for sale at academic writing sites to successfully finish homework, be sure whether they aim to use expert help of additional specialists, for example, proofreaders to produce a great written paper sample in English.
A proofreader is supposed to tidy up your admission essay or a coursework to improve its quality. Even a professional writer can make a mistake such as typos or other mechanical errors in spelling. So, what does a proofreader do while checking your research paper or literature reviews?
- Compare the compliance with assignments. After you place an order, you’re asked to upload a detailed description of essays that are required to write, namely, their subjects, topics, literature sources, etc. Imagine you need to hand in a thesis proposal on Computer Programming, you will provide an academic writer with all essential points.
- Check a paper structure that includes pages, the table of contents and its correspondence to written parts, appendices, index if there are such parts. Usually, they are present in a dissertation or term paper. So, a proofreader’s task is to make sure that the content is logically arranged.
- Verify accuracy of a content. At this stage a proofreader corrects different mistakes in terms of grammar and vocabulary. More often-observed issues concern spelling and punctuation. For example, the majority tend to add the vowel ‘o’ to the word ‘pronunciation’ like in ‘pronounce’ but it’s wrong. It’s a human factor to make a mistake. Learn from the mistakes of others than yours.
- Ensure a formatting style in a paper. Each academic piece of writing is supposed to adhere to a particular format – MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian. At the university and college websites, you can find information about styles and their examples. The University of Pittsburgh is distinguished by such a useful guide.
What Proofreading Techniques Are Used in College Papers for Sale?
In fact, it takes special skills and knowledge to proofread your paper effectively. Top proofreaders, who are responsible for college papers for sale on OnlineCollegeEssay.com, are ready to share 5 effective techniques with you so that you can dramatically shorten time you spend on proofreading and increase your accuracy.
- Proofread a printed paper. According to the study on Screen vs. Paper, people read digital and printed texts differently. As a rule, they are much better concentrated and have a greater overview of a printed text compared to a screen.
- Read the paper out loud. It is scientifically proved the acoustic effects on the human brain. As the research of Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences shows that mistakes in both language and music cause the same neural activity in the brain. So, people process a content textually and acoustically while reading aloud. By doing so, they can conclude that a sentence construction doesn’t sound.
- Use a blank piece of paper with thick lines. What does it give you? You won’t skip possible mistakes in each line or re-read the same lines twice just because you lose the line, especially it concerns reports on Accounting, Chemistry, Maths where numbers, symbols are essential.
- Use the search option in a computer to find mistakes that are likely to be made. Not always proofreaders have the possibility to work on paper in hand especially when they are overwhelmed with a lot of work from writers to check. In such cases they search for common mistakes with the help of buttons Ctrl+F. You can encounter homonyms such as ‘it’ can be confused with ‘it’s’, ‘its’. Look through such mistakes carefully.
- End proofreading with an online checker. Experienced proofreaders have already a keen eye on mistakes in grammar, spelling and so on. Because of a lack of experience, you can apply different online free platforms to check quickly your essay. Join Grammarly to see your mistakes immediately and not to repeat them as they’re explained in detail.
As you understand, the proofreading process ensures your paper to be completely free of mistakes and correspond to a high standard. Each time when you feel difficulties, there is someone more skilled who is ready to help you with the quality of your paper. Don’t hesitate to purchase the best custom writing services but not the cheapest one.