Many users often think about promoting their business, which, in turn, is inextricably linked with the storage and processing of data. The program code of any software can be saved or rebuilt, but to accurately understand the capabilities of a system integrated into the process of digital management of business models, you need to order code audit services. These services provide a deep analysis of all the capabilities of the software and can help to improve it.
Main Goals of Code Audit
When auditing and adjusting the program code, the following important parameters and nuances are taken into account, without which it is impossible to improve the business management process:
- The primary task is to analyze the quality of the existing program code. This aspect is extremely important, since when upgrading the system, new components of the program code do not work in isolation, but interact with old data and algorithms. In this regard, if there are damaged clusters, there will be a complex system failure.
- The second most important task of a program code audit is to ensure the security of the customer software. Unfortunately, the technology of hackers is developing every year, which requires the creation of more advanced anti-virus programs, as well as digital shields against cyber-attacks. Before creating such algorithms, a detailed audit of the system is required.
- Bug Reporting – It takes a certain amount of time for a customer to realize the problem and make a decision to upgrade the system. The software operator can draw correct conclusions only based on a detailed report.
- A new program code or an upgrade of an old business management algorithm must be written in such a way that it can be repaired and restored in case of failure. Individual clusters must be maintainable and replaceable, regardless of neighboring ones. This allows you to achieve reliability and the ability to carry out a constant upgrade of the system.
- Audit of the program code is carried out in strict accordance with a predetermined schedule, which allows the customer to receive a full range of desired services, according to the features of their software, and always be one step ahead of the competition.
Principles and Precautions
When providing services for the audit of a program code, the specialists of our company adhere to 4 basic principles:
- Road-mapping – the audit process involves the execution of dozens of complex algorithms, and we offer only the processes that are needed in the business area that is under consideration for software upgrades.
- Conducting a comprehensive assessment – based on the results of the activities of our specialists, each client will receive complete information about the system, as well as possible existing problems in the field of IT. Thus, it becomes possible to provide the necessary level of cybersecurity, build the desired architecture of the program code with the possibility of scaling it, and also take into account all the individual requirements of the customer.
- Carrying out a comprehensive adjustment of the software architecture – this will make it possible to significantly save on combining clusters with similar algorithms, which will reduce the rate of software scaling. In this case, we are referring to combining payment functions, data storage databases for each customer, as well as accounting for personal data about system users.
- Creating a complete overview – this should include all of the processes required to effectively manage a business using digital software. This means the need to merge part of the program codes, remove unnecessary options, and test the quality of service delivery, compared to competitor platforms.
Consumer Misconceptions About Code Auditing
Many users often ask what a program code audit is and make mistakes when determining the functionality of these activities. The most common mistakes and misconceptions about code auditing are:
- Misconception: The audit of the program code is aimed at finding individual errors in the system to correct them as soon as possible.
Truth: This statement is fundamentally wrong because expert analysis implies a deep check of the interactions of all software algorithms and a complete analysis of problems, rather than selective identification of errors.
- Misconception: Auditing involves debugging software.
Truth: A deep analysis of the software operability implies only it will be only analytical work with the preparation of a report and the issuance of recommendations. These operations don’t include error correction, and this service must be ordered separately.
What are the Benefits of Code Analysis?
Each business owner or software operator orders an audit of the program code since this operation carries with it a whole range of advantages, such as:
- Deep analysis of the software structure with an assessment of the maintainability and scalability of the architecture.
- During the audit, a comprehensive review of each cluster is performed, as well as the effectiveness of the work and the involvement of the entire architecture in the business management workflow.
- After the audit, the customer gets the opportunity to upgrade the software following international standards and world practices, which will enable him to freely exchange data and recognize incoming files from counterparties.
- If you have a detailed report on the audit of the program code, the customer gets the opportunity to detail the structuring of further steps with the preparation of a plan and a roadmap.
- After compiling the report and receiving it in hand, the customer gets the opportunity to correct errors and ensure the cybersecurity of his software, according to the latest innovative developments and the possibility of integrating it into the system.
In summary, the audit of the program code allows you to radically improve the performance of the system and protect it, which will lead to the modernization of the business management process using modern digital technologies. In addition, it is after the audit that it is possible to fully scale the software architecture, which will make it possible to take the first grandiose steps towards business development.
When is a Code Audit Required?
An audit of the program code is necessary to improve the performance of business management systems in the event of any of the following situations:
- If the user needs to move from MVP to MMP with a complete software upgrade.
- If it is necessary to defragment databases and combine program codes into a single structure for scaling the architecture.
- If there are problems, questions, and other difficulties with business management.
- When the database or software architecture becomes obsolete, which requires its cybersecurity to be improved and modernized to meet the highest international standards.
- To ensure a reasonable expenditure of investments for the phased introduction of a new product into the system to modernize it, according to the calendar schedule and roadmap.
It is recommended to audit the program code at least once every 2 to 3 years, since technologies are always advancing, and all digital systems require cleaning, defragmentation, structuring, modernization, as well as increasing the level of security.
Stages of Performing a Code Audit
A program code audit is a routine procedure in the world of IT technologies, and it requires you to perform the following standard steps to achieve the anticipated result:
- The specialist requests the program code to start the audit.
- Negotiations are held with the user to fix what is requested, after which a roadmap is made and an agreement is signed.
- The code is audited following regulatory requirements.
- A detailed report is drawn up with the issuance of recommendations to the customer.
Upon completion of the audit, each business owner who ordered this service can additionally draw up an agreement for system upgrades, security improvements, or software architecture restructuring.
What Does a Program Code Audit Report Include?
The result of the audit is the execution of an official report. This document includes the following items and their explanations:
- Complete code inspection.
- Analysis of all real and potential opportunities for merging and defragmenting system clusters.
- An audit of the architecture on which the system activity algorithm is based.
- Examination of the level of cybersecurity and an assessment of the potential external or internal threats to the system.
- A check for performance and efficiency of automated internal tests.
- Analysis of the design quality and interface convenience for ordinary users.
The report includes the results of the analysis for all of the above aspects, and a list of recommendations for the user to improve the system. If necessary, a detailed estimate and schedule of costs for a complete modernization of the program code are also compiled.
The auditor will give an accurate assessment of how complex the current application is, which will allow it to be simplified and modernized. Based on the results of a detailed inspection, the business owner can accurately follow the needs of the modern market, which will allow them to move forward with all business processes and gain profitability since constant and reliable control will be provided at all stages of management.