Las Vegas is one of the most happening place in the entire United States. It has lots of exciting things to do for every type of person. However, depending on where you are staying, it may feel overwhelming to find casinos everywhere which is mostly there to take money from you without providing that “happy ending” of the experience you desire. So, here, we have listed 10+1 cool things to do in Las Vegas that is not about gambling.
I am sure after going through the list, you will feel relaxed and find really great things that you can do in Las Vegas if you’re trying to avoid casinos there –
1. Explore the Strip
Exploring the Las Vegas Strip is an adventure in itself. The Strip is a roughly 4-mile-long stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard that’s home to some of the most iconic hotels, resorts, and casinos in the world. It’s a bustling, vibrant area where each hotel is like a mini-city in itself.
Walking along the Strip allows you to take in the grandeur of these massive resorts. You’ll see the famous themed hotels like the Bellagio with its mesmerizing fountain show, the Venetian which has its own indoor canal complete with gondolas, or the towering replica of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Las Vegas.
The energy is electric with street performers, artists, and entertainers lining the sidewalks, showcasing their talents. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, and attractions to visit, each hotel having its own unique offerings. You can pop into the Mirage to see the volcano eruption, visit the Luxor with its pyramid-shaped structure, or head to New York-New York to see a replica of the Statue of Liberty and ride their roller coaster.
Every hotel on the Strip is different, with its own theme, attractions, and entertainment options. Exploring the Strip means immersing yourself in this dazzling display of architecture, entertainment, and attractions, creating an unforgettable experience that goes beyond just the gambling scene.
2. Watch Shows and Performances
Watching shows and performances in Las Vegas is a captivating experience that goes well beyond just gambling. The city is renowned for its world-class entertainment that caters to diverse tastes and preferences.
Las Vegas hosts an incredible array of shows, from mesmerizing Cirque du Soleil performances featuring acrobatics, dance, and stunning visuals to magic shows by renowned magicians like David Copperfield or Penn and Teller. These performances often showcase mind-bending illusions, breathtaking stunts, and storytelling that captivates audiences of all ages.
Moreover, Vegas is a hub for concerts featuring top-tier musicians and bands. Artists from various genres perform in the city, providing opportunities to catch live music ranging from pop and rock to country, jazz, and everything in between. Headliners frequently grace the stages of various venues, giving visitors the chance to see their favorite acts in an electrifying live setting.
Comedy is another highlight of the Vegas entertainment scene. Many famous comedians and comedy acts have residencies in the city, delivering laughter-filled nights with their stand-up routines and hilarious performances.
Additionally, Broadway-style musicals and theater productions thrive in Las Vegas. The city hosts shows that bring the magic of Broadway to the desert, featuring stunning sets, talented casts, and captivating storytelling.
These performances take place in some of the most stunning theaters and entertainment venues, adding to the overall spectacle. The diverse range of entertainment options ensures that there’s something for everyone, making watching shows and performances in Las Vegas an unforgettable part of the experience, beyond the allure of the casinos.
3. Visit Attractions
Visiting attractions in Las Vegas offers a plethora of unique experiences that extend far beyond the gaming tables. The city is packed with an array of captivating attractions that cater to diverse interests.
- Bellagio Fountains: The Bellagio’s mesmerizing fountain show is a must-see. These choreographed water displays set to music and lights are a visual delight and happen regularly throughout the day and evening.
- High Roller Observation Wheel: This massive observation wheel located at The LINQ offers stunning views of the Strip and the surrounding desert. Riding it during sunset or at night offers an unparalleled perspective of the city’s lights.
- Venetian’s Grand Canal: Experience a taste of Venice in Vegas at the Venetian Hotel. You can take a gondola ride along the hotel’s indoor Grand Canal, complete with singing gondoliers and stunning architecture.
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck: Get a bird’s-eye view of Las Vegas from the half-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas. The observation deck provides breathtaking panoramic views of the city.
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay: Explore an underwater world at this aquarium, home to a diverse array of marine life including sharks, rays, and exotic fish.
- The Mob Museum: Discover the history of organized crime and law enforcement in America at this immersive museum downtown, featuring interactive exhibits and artifacts.
- Neon Museum: Learn about the history of Las Vegas through its iconic neon signs. This outdoor museum houses a collection of vintage signs from old casinos and businesses, offering a glimpse into the city’s past.
- Stratosphere Thrill Rides: Thrill-seekers can experience heart-pounding rides atop the Stratosphere Tower, including the X-Scream and Insanity rides that dangle you over the edge of the building.
- Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire: While not directly on the Strip, these natural wonders are within reach for a day trip. Red Rock Canyon offers scenic drives, hiking trails, and rock formations, while Valley of Fire State Park boasts stunning landscapes and ancient petroglyphs.
- Fremont Street Experience: Venture to downtown Vegas and experience the Fremont Street canopy light show, live entertainment, and a vibrant atmosphere reminiscent of the city’s earlier days.
These attractions showcase the diversity of experiences available in Las Vegas, ensuring there’s something captivating for every visitor beyond the gaming floors.