Nowadays, each and every individual person both irrespective of men and women are facing the problem of getting disturbing acne and also dark spots that come as the after-effects of acne or pimples. This is a very common affair among people of all ages. There can be several reasons for having acne on the face such as excessive sebum secretion, dead cells on the skin, clogged hair follicles, grown-up bacteria from extra oil production on the face, stress, diet, hormonal changes, etc.
Though acne can be treated, yet it could be persistent too. Bumpy acne heals up slowly but gradually come back on the other places of the face. And these consistent acnes leave stubborn dark spots which are known as hyperpigmentation. People often also suffer from emotional distress and feel inferior because of acne and dark spots on the face.
Therefore, keeping all these issues in mind, in this article we will try to enlighten as well as to help the readers about how to get rid of acne and dark spots problems followed by a few predicaments.
Let’s dive in.
The face is the index of mind and more than this, the face is one’s identity. So, every single person wants to have a clear and spot free face. But, for some people, acne and that dark spots come to ruin their desire and become a nightmare. Not only the above-mentioned causes, but there can also be other causes too that tend to the skin of the face to get acne-prone like some people are allergic to certain medications, some who have sensitive skins might have problems from using different cosmetics, etc.
Therefore to make your face skin free from getting acne over and over, you must follow a proper skincare routine. Avoid using harsh facial products in order to get rid of acne and scars. Remember, acne can not be disappeared all of a sudden, it takes time. It requires adequate skincare with exact products that won’t be harmful to your skin. Here are some basic skin care tips are given below:
- Cleansing is the very first step to a skincare routine. Wash your face at least twice in 24 hours with a mild face wash that won’t steal moisture from the facial skin after rinsing.
- Next is to remove dead cells from the skin by scrubbing with an exfoliate-based face scrub.
- After scrubbing the pores of the skin become open. So the next step is to tone as well as soothe the skin with toner. There are lots of toners available in the market, pick one as per your face’s need.
- After that moisturize your face with an oil-free, water-based moisturizer that would make your face hydrated but not oily. Remember, oily facial skin can help to crop up fresh acne!
- Moisturizer your face whenever you clean it.
- Never forget to use sunscreen formulas wherever you go in the daytime. Choose SPF according to your cosmetic ingredient specifications and again of course pick one that is oil-free and water-based.
- Always remove makeup when you come home from outside and clean up the face properly. Use all the treatment products ( in case you need some) at night.
- Last but not the least, don’t forget to keep your hair clean also as an oily scalp, dandruff can trigger acne.
Along with external facial care, you must nourish internal health too. Sometimes, acne or pimples can be the result of excessive anxiety, hormonal changes, or certain health conditions. Though stress is not directly responsible for creating acne breakouts, research says that if anyone already has acne-prone skin, excessive stress upon health can lead it to the worst. So, to get healthy skin, you have to make your overall health sound. Try practicing meditations in order to make your mind calm and quiet. Keep your mind stress-free as much as possible. Spend quality time with family and friends, read good books, wake up early in the morning, go for a morning walk; all these things can help you to get free from having acne gradually.
Diet and activities
There are several unhealthy foods that we use to eat regularly that secretly invite acne to bump on our faces! Such as spicy and oily foods, red meats, carbonated, artificial flavored and sweetened beverages, fries, certain carbohydrates, somewhat chocolates, etc. So, avoid eating such foods, habituate eating non-oily and non-spicy foods, eliminate fries and flavored drinks. Try to eat organic if possible. Instead of carbs eat whole grain food products like muesli, brown bread, oatmeal cereals, etc. Eat plenty of fruits and green vegetables. Include yogurt, natural vitamins, and minerals rich foods as well as antioxidants in your diet. Keep yourself hydrated and drink at least eight glasses of water on a daily basis as water is known as an internal purifier of the human body.
Furthermore, include few physical activities on a regular basis. Detoxify your inner body with effective exercises. Sometimes hormonal changes which is a prior cause to grow acne can be treated by proper exercises. Moreover, clean your gym outfit regularly. Do not let sweat store your skin. Remember, the shower is also a good exercise to keep your skin out of the reach of acne bacterias.
There are numerous home remedies stated by our ancestors and also present dermatologists, beauticians, etc. Though not all of them are fruitful to use, yet some of them can give back good results if one can continue those dedicatedly. For instance:
- Apple cider vinegar can be used to make face packs, toner and often people drink it as a detoxifying drink
- Honey and Bengal gram to wash face instead of soap-based face wash
- Use honey, raw milk and cinnamon paste to remove dark spots on faces
- Use gel made of coffee and aloe vera to lighten the dark scars
- Use tea tree oil on acne and spots as well for faster aiding
- Take fish oil and zinc supplements to get healthy fatty acids
Medical treatments in case of severe issues
Not all cases are possible to be solved by home remedies and self skincare routine. In complicated cases, you must take the proper medical attention and consider having medications accordingly.
Hope that the above discussion will be helpful to your knowledge.