Windows 10 comes up with lots of amazing features. You have new looks, many inbuilt software are available to allow you to play music, watch videos, video chat, 3D builder, Cortana, Mail App, Microsoft Edge, OneNote and many more. But, some important features and tools which you’ve enjoyed in your Windows 7 such as Windows Media Center, DVD Playback, Windows DVD Maker are not available in newer Windows operating system anymore.
Among them, Windows DVD Maker is a important tool which allowed users to create DVD to play on TV through DVD player. It lets user create DVD menu, add slideshow, pictures, transitions, etc to DVD. Now that this inbuilt DVD maker is not available to you, that doesn’t mean you have to live without it. It only means to find better alternative of Windows DVD Maker.
So, for those of you who are looking for good DVD maker for Windows 10, here I am providing a list of top 5 free DVD maker tools for Windows 10. But, before moving ahead to DVD maker software for Windows 10, let me show you how to burn a DVD in Windows 10 by using only inbuilt tools (without installing any third-party software).
Create DVD using Windows Media Player in Win 10
In Windows 10, you can use the pre-installed Windows Media player to burn DVD. However, as it is not a dedicated DVD maker tool, it don’t offer much features to burn your DVD. You won’t be able to add menus or graphics to customize your DVD disc. And, the burning process is going to take a bit long. If you want to use Windows Media Player to create DVD in Windows 10, make sure your files are in format supported by Windows Media Player (WMP).
With Windows Media Player then follow these steps to burn DVD using Windows 10:
- Open Windows Media Player and at Windows Media Player Library section, click on the Burn tab. It will open options menu.
- Now, click on Burn options button in Options and then, click on Data DVD.
- Insert a blank DVD into your DVD driver.
- If you see previous items in the list which you don’t want to burn to your DVD, tap on Clear list button to start creating a new list.
- Find media files in your Player library which you want to burn to you disc and drag them from details pane (in the middle of player library) to the list pane (on the right side of player library) to create a burn list.
- Now, if you want to change order of items in your burn list, you can drag them above or below. If you want to remove an item, right-click on it and then click remove from list.
- When you have finished creating and arranging the burn list, click Start Burn to start burning selected media files to your inserted DVD.
If you prefer more professional way to create your DVD by adding DVD menu, graphics, screen art, transitions, autoplay, and more, check the free DVD maker tools for Windows 10 which I have provided below.
Free DVD Maker for Windows 10
In this section, I am showcasing 5 free DVD makers for Windows 10 which are equipped with lots of tools and feature. Scroll down to know important details about each and every one of these DVD makers and download the one that you think, can satisfy your need in creating an awesome DVD using Windows 10.
1. WinX DVD Author
WinX DVD Author is free and easy to use DVD Maker. It allows you to make home video DVD in Windows (10) from video files, camcorder, webcam, YouTube and personalize it with DVD chapter menu & subtitle (*.srt). With step-by-step wizard built in, even novice can easily convert and burn MKV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, RM, RMVB, H.264, AVI, ISO to DVD, etc.
Equipped with fast and powerful decode encoder engine, this free DVD burner software takes less than one hour to make a full 4.3 G high quality DVD, while delivering 100% excellent audio and video effects. Furthermore, it is fully compatible with DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, DVD DL+R, DVD DL+/-RW that perfectly helps you backup your precious files into DVD-5 or DVD-9 discs in NTSC or PAL format.
2. DVD Styler
DVD Styler is a cross-platform free DVD authoring application for the creation of professional-looking DVDs. It allows not only burning of video files on DVD that can be played practically on any standalone DVD player, but also creation of individually designed DVD menus. It is Open Source Software, completely free and available for Windows, Mac and Linux operating system.
Some of the important features of DVD Styler are:
- create and burn DVD video with interactive menus
- design your own DVD menu or select one from the list of ready to use menu templates
- create photo slideshow
- add multiple subtitle and audio tracks
- support of AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV and other file formats
- flexible menu creation on the basis of scalable vector graphic
- import of image file for background
- place buttons, text, images and other graphic objects anywhere on the menu screen
- change the font/color and other parameters of buttons and graphic objects
- scale any button or graphic object
copy any menu object or whole menu, customize navigation using DVD scripting, support of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and other audio and video formats, support of multi-core processor, and many more
3. DVD Flick
DVD Flick is another simple yet powerful DVD Maker available for free for Windows 10. It supports 65+ video codecs and 30+ audio codecs which undoubtedly include all the common audio/video formats you use in your daily life. However, you need a little bit extra manual work to improvise your DVD creation as even if DVD Flick supports lots of audio/video and container formats, it doesn’t provide direct buttons or options to insert various features easily.
DVD Flick can also read AviSynth scripts, which allow you to do advanced post-processing of images using a powerful scripting language. So, for those who want to create fully customized DVD, this DVD maker is the best.
4. Sothlink Movie DVD Maker
Sothlink Movie DVD Maker lets you compose and burn high-quality DVDs from your movie clips. It handles a wide range of video formats as well as DVD output types, including HD DVDs up 1080p in resolution. With drag-and-drop, clip editing, zoom mode, and menu options, it can produce high-quality DVDs compatible with any DVD player.
Some key features of Sothlink Movie DVD Maker:
- Fast convert any video to DVD, like AVI to DVD, MP4 to DVD and WMV to DVD. Burn DVD from all favorite video formats, like AVI, DivX, XviD, MP4, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, FLV, 3GP, H.264/AVC MOV, MKV.
- Customize video dimension, bit rate, zoom mode, audio, frame and other DVD prperties.
- Make a DVD by trimming video clips.
- Add external subtitle to DVD movie.
- Create DVD menu with pre-made dozens of stylish DVD menu templates.
- Personalize DVD navigation and DVD menu creation by adding title text, background music, background image, and other customization.
- Batch video to DVD conversion with multi-core CPUs supported.
5. iSkysoft DVD Creator
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Windows 10 , Windows 8, 7, XP and Vista is a great tool for transforming your digital video collections into DVD disc and allows you to burn Blu-ray DVD disc. With a diversifying range of DVD templates, you can create the most unique DVD out of your ordinary video and audio files in minutes. In addition, it can turn photos into a photo show like no other with your favorite background music and burn it to DVD.
So these are some of the best DVD maker available for free which you can install in your Windows 10 to create a professional DVD with DVD menu, screen art, thumbnails, autoplay feature, transition effect, photos collage and more.
It’s all about keeping your good memories and all of these free DVD makers for Windows 10 will help you do this easily in your Windows 10 PC. Tell us below which of these free DVD makers for Windows 10 do you like the most.