Snapchat was pretty unique and interesting when it was launched. It lured millions of users from all over the globe and offered them methods of interacting with others in quite a unique way. Snapchat had its time and now that seems over. The leading social networking platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Whatsapp have drawn all the lost users by improving their designs and adding plenty of new features. The Stories feature is one of the most widely used features that allow the user to share a variety of content with friends and people in the contact which may have been started by Snapchat but it is now in Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram too.
So, due to all these reasons, many users are deactivating their Snapchat account as they already doesn’t use it quite actively. If you are also not using your Snapchat account nowadays and want to permanently get rid of it, here is the official method to delete your Snapchat account.
Step to Delete a Snapchat Account
- Access Snapchat.com through your web browser.
- Now scroll down and click on “Support” option which is available at the bottom section of the website under “Community” category..
- Now, go to “My Accounts & Security” from the left side, from there, go to “Account information.
- Here, click “Delete My Account” option. It will open the steps which tell you how to delete a Snapchat account.
Snapchat will first ask you to login to your account and then you can follow the below-given steps.
- Log in to Snapchat by entering your ID and password.
- It will now ask you to confirm you are a human, so check the box to proceed ahead.
- Now you will get “Delete my account” option which is placed at the bottom.
- Click on this option and your job is done.
In order to provide the user enough time to rethink Snapchat takes 30 days to completely remove your data with your account. Your account will first be deactivated for 30 days and after that, it will be permanently deleted. You will get your account and data preserved anytime you decide to reuse Snapchat within the next 30 days. However, you may need to contact Snapchat team as you will not be able to login to your Snapchat account once it is deactivated.
Should you delete your Snapchat account?
Just like many other people, you might also feel a bit puzzled about whether or not to delete the Snapchat account. You might have spent quite a long time on this social networking platform and met many new people. What you need to consider is what you are doing today. If you are done with Snapchat and its features and if you do not use it anymore, it would be a better choice to delete your Snapchat account. You might be using other social networking platforms that offer much better features. You should continue on that platform if all your contacts are using it too.
There is one important thing to know that you cannot delete your Snapchat account through the app. You will have to login through a web browser in order to delete your account. The method is already mentioned. It should not be too difficult for you now to delete your old account. Many people wish to get rid of some people that they do not want to see anymore and that’s why they switch to another Snapchat account. If it is the reason, then also you can follow the quick method we have explained here to delete your Snapchat account right now and create one using new email address anytime.
Other Related Posts
- Top 10 Essential Facebook Extensions for Power Users
- Download Photos & Videos from Instagram using 4K Stogram
- 1500+ Awesome & Stylish Instagram Username
- Snapchat Dictionary: Latest Snapchat Emoji & Their Meaning
- List of Hottest Snapchat Accounts of 2018